C&T Design and Equipment Co. is committed to a healthy work environment. As we prepare to return to the office following the Stay-at-Home order, we understand that additional measures need to be taken to help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. Upon our return we are implementing the following procedures.
What to Do If I’m Sick or Experiencing Symptoms of COVID-19
To limit risk to others, any employee who has a fever, is sick or believes that they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should not come to the office.
- Employees are encouraged to do a self-assessment each day to check for symptoms of COVID-19.
- Any employee who is experiencing cough, fever or difficulty breathing should report to manager immediately.
- Any employee who is confirmed to have tested positive with COVID-19 must notify their manager and HR.
- Any doctor’s note or medical information will be kept confidential.
- Sick employees should remain home on self-quarantine until cleared of fever, without use of medication, for at least 72 hours AND at least seven days have passed since symptoms first began.
- Do not return to work without notifying manager and HR.
HR will advise when the Families First Coronavirus Response Act must be initiated.
For those insured through our Cigna health plan, visit Teladoc for a virtual visit with a medical professional if you are unable to see your regular provider.
Report Risk of Exposure
When risk of exposure to COVID-19 is identified at work, employee is required to leave the office and report to their manager and HR immediately via phone call or email.
When risk of exposure is identified away from work, employee is required to report it to their manager and HR immediately via phone call or email.
Risk of exposure includes contact with:
- Any individual experiencing symptoms of fever, cough or respiratory illness
- Any individual who’s had recent exposure to someone with confirmed symptoms
- Any individual who’s tested positive or has been around someone who’s tested positive for COVID-19
Employees with risk of exposure should remain home on self-quarantine until cleared of fever, without use of medication, for at least 72 hours.
Do not return to the office without notifying manager and HR
If any employee observes or has concern for the health of another employee, please report to HR immediately.
High Risk Employees
We have an obligation to ensure the health and safety of all employees, including any employee that might fall into a higher risk category. High risk employees may include:
- Those with weak immune systems
- Employee over the age of 65
- Employees with asthma
- Employees with heart conditions
- Employees with liver disease
- Employees with kidney disease
Employees who fall into a high-risk category and require accommodation should notify their manager and HR.
All employees are required to meet requirements of Social Distancing..
- Social distancing with minimum of 6’ distance from other individuals will be enforced.
- No more than 4 people will be permitted in a conference room, with a preference towards using Microsoft Teams or GoToMeeting when possible.
- Breaks and lunch times should be staggered with no more than 4 employees in the breakroom at a time. When possible, employees should eat in their own workspace.
Safe & Healthy Workspace
C&T Design and Equipment Company has put measures in place to provide a safer workspace for anyone reporting to the Indianapolis Office. Additional measures include:
- Masks will be available if you do not have one. Masks are for the protection of others in addition to yourself. Masks should be worn anytime you are out of your office area and in hallways or common areas.
- Safety signage has been hung at each entrance to advise of health requirements of anyone entering the facility.
- Signage has been hung outlining hand washing requirements at each sink.
- Employees should practice increased handwashing including upon arrival to the office and frequently throughout the day.
- Employees should practice proper respiratory practices, including covering mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing.
- Third-party janitorial service will be increased. All common areas and restrooms will be sanitized on Wednesdays and Sundays. The following areas/surfaces will also be addressed on a regular basis: doorknobs, copiers, front door handles and windows, all cabinets in the kitchen, refrigerator, microwaves, mopping and vacuuming, counters, tables and chairs.
- Disinfectant wipes and/or sprays and hand sanitizer will be available in common areas. Regular wiping of surfaces in the break room and other common areas is encouraged.
- Employees should disinfect surfaces in their own workspace on a regular basis.
- Safety Gloves are recommended for any employee who is handing off packages or mail.
- Visitors to the building will only be allowed on an extremely limited basis. If it is necessary to allow someone outside of company, they will be kept to the Carter Conference room.
- Office doors will remain locked during business hours. All visitors will need to call to gain access to the building.
- Visitors will be required to wear masks while in the office.